Pages

Wednesday 21 January 2015

Enchantment of the Universe

Have you ever realized how small, how very miniscule your existence is, as compared to the huge populace of this planet, of this galaxy? Have you ever thought beyond yourself? I believe we need to grasp the vastness of nature to realize how very insignificant our lives our, yet there is so much substance in our individuality.


I remember that night I stayed on the mountain top, staring at the most enthralling night sky I had ever witnessed. The sky grew darker, and slowly dissolved into deeper shades of the night. I swear to you, even the most jaded city-dweller like me was awestruck and unexpectedly moved by unfathomable night-sky studded with millions of twinkling stars.

I felt sheltered in the outdoors. That night, I found myself within nature. Like the old-folk, I sat all night staring at that perfect sky and the backdrop of those grandiose mountains, standing tall. They spoke to me, those mountains – they made me realize that I am nature. As I stared at the sky, I thought of my entire existence, and at the same time I was so dazed.

The constellations, in their entirety, were a vast blue cosmic ocean, without any shore. And, here in the bliss of solitude, I gazed at the night. The blanket of this dazzling night covered the thousands and thousands of sleeping people, and their singular, rosy dreams.

I had fallen in love with those stars; I had fallen in love with myself, when I was beneath that serried godliness of stars. I realized that you can live your entire life in one moment, if you consume the beauty around you. When I came back I was a different person. I developed the capacity to find the magic of that night in everything I saw.

There is no limit on love, or being loved. That night I realized that I was one with the stars. As miniscule every star is in the infinite night sky, each and every little starlet is equally momentous in adding to its remarkable, unparalleled beauty. That night I realized – I am a star.


No comments:

Post a Comment